Saturday 15 March 2008

Safely arrived but no electric

Staying in Lungujja with Pastor Steve, Gladys and family where sadly there is no electric until they turn the generator on at 7:30pm and it goes out at 10pm s0 only really today had access to computer.

The journey was uneventful expect for meeting some amazing irish guys at the back of the plane and excercising together! Over Ethiopia the view from the window was incredible - I was absolutely thrilled looking out inot the most beautiful sunset, i felt so blessed and priviliged to be making this journey again and be to able to see such a visible sign of Gods amazing power and glory in creation - all topped out by listening to Ludovico Einaudis music - fantastic!

The week has been great will add some highlights from my journal next time i can get here....but if you have followed me before you will have read about Edward, if not, do find it to read from a couple of years ago.... He is AMAzINg - it is hard to believe he is the same boy. His English is very good, he is fit and well (apart from a bent spine from his TB) and I love him!! Yesterday he told me "Mama Lizzie, you saved my life, you are my mother and Gordon is my father" such a change. He lieves in the boarding house with 39 other children from such desparate situations, last night i sat outside with them chatting and they ask me about my parents, when I said my mother had died I was greeted with a heart rending series of sympathetic responses as they told me about their dead, dying or ill parents, as well as those who just said "mine have gone away". It reminds me why we do all this ......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the amazing work Sue ! Give our very best wishes to Pastor Steve and all at Kabanda Trust. Love Chris Bloor and all your friends at Blurton Churches (Bartholemew's and St Albans). X

P.S. Will keep reading your blog

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunty Soo...Just thought I'd have a little loooook at what is going on Uganda-way. Hope all is well and do send my love to everyone. I know this is cheating and there is a letter on its way to you in the post, but thank you SO much for the cool picture thing and for the incredibly generous cheque for my birthday. I was a little overwhelmed. Thanks so much :) Hope Bex and UG and co arrived safely. Let us know when you're back for some kind of celebration. Lots and lots of love Fliss xxxxxx