Sunday 30 July 2006

I have a song to sing

Woke this morning with the song "Lord you have my heart, I will search for yours" singing in my head. We headed of to Lungujja for church and Pastor Steven preached on Isaiah 6 - Here am I send me. The song absolutely fitted with what he had said so.... when he had finished (and he didnt know) having first got Gordon up to the front for a tumultous welcome, he nodded to me to join him as well. Sister, he said, do you ahve a song! So off we went.... although i have a sore throat i managed to teach them the words and the tune and it was beautiful.... their african voices are wonderful, the harmonies and sounds of their voices are moving and as the last line of the song says "we saw His glory here" - amazing. Afterwards one of the other girls on the team came and said that she had been singing it to herself all week and had wanted to teach it to the church.... it was a real blessing.

Then i helped cook lunch, sat on the floor outside in the searing heat I rolled out chapatis and chatted with the other women. A delicious lunch followed and then following long discussions on health and lots of other stuff ( we are planning a health seminar for tomorrow) we headed back to our guest house. Bex and Ems have gone back to lungujja for the night - Ems is having her hair braided whihc apparently will take 6-7hours and tomorrow she is going out with Juliette who is an Environmental health inspector, to visit latrines .... um, rather her than me and fortunately her camera does not have smellovision !!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there, so good to readup on whats going on over there thousands of miles away- how great is this blogging thing! Paul and I have now got a website thing where we can blog and put pictures up..i have to say I barely know what the website is let alone how to navigate my way round it, but i must learn..if you can do it, so can I!

Anonymous said...

Hello Glor
Keep the blog stuff coming
Happy Birthday to Gordon
Love Joy & Grodon xx