Thursday 28 June 2007

Tuesday 26th

Went to Sanyu Babies home today, it is just below the guesthouse on Namirimbe hill. They take in orphan and abandoned babies, they are often found left in latrines and on waste dumps. sometimes they are left at the gate. These unwanted scraps are loved and cared for at the home and are a joy to be with. I went just to check the arrangements for bex & her friend to help there in August when they are here and ended up staying 2 1/12 hours sucked in by the babies just longing to be hugged. I fell in love with Peter; they gave me a bottle and asked me to feed him, he was lying on his tummy over a big cushion, as I picked him up i realised that he was very floppy and had small deformed legs. Peter also had a full set of teeth so I enquired his age - 3years old and yet the size of a 10 month old. He is handicapped they told me - this abandoned unwanted child will always be marked out as different, will struggle to survive and may be unloved but as I fed him his eyes stared into mine and I prayed out loud "May the Lord bless you and keep you, may the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you". As i said this his face broke into a great big smile and he gurgled happily almost laughing.... I will continue to pray that the Lord will watch over him and protect him.
the dedicated staff are wonderfully caring, love & encourage the small children - an amazing place !!

No comments: